Poker Etiquette: Top Five Things You Should Never Do at a Poker Table
We have made a list of things you should never ever do when playing poker at a table. If you want a quick way to piss everyone off on a poker table then do all these things if you wish. Every once in a while a player will come and do one or two of these table don'ts. It's perfectly fine if it was merely an accident, but committing all five would totally mean something else.
Remember that players come to a poker table to have fun. Sure, we make bets, hope to win some money, but by and large we go there because poker is a whole lot of fun to play. The biggest spoiler of all that fun is when a player breaks a rule of poker etiquette.
Here are the top five things you should never do when playing on a live table:
1. Never ever reveal the cards in your hand when the hand is still in play. You may be charged a penalty for doing so (some casinos do, some don't). Regardless of which, this is a terrible move and a poor display of etiquette. At times, when you make this move, it will be considered that you have folded. Bad news for you if you had a great hand. The bad news for the other players on the table is that any player can take advantage of the situation after seeing which cards you have. This would have ruined some other player's game.
2. Whatever happens, never react to anything that has to do with the cards in the game. Any reaction can be interpreted by other players and ruin the other players' advantage or game. Let's say you folded and right that moment you realized what a big mistake that was since your hand would've been great on the flop. Don't bang your head on the table, slap yourself silly, hang your jaw, or any other reaction that might give way to other players who are still in the hand. It's all about giving the other guys a chance.
3. We can never quite emphasize this enough - never be mean to other players. There is no room for verbal abuse when playing poker. If you're the object of the critique one good piece of advice is not to be sarcastic and retaliate.
4. Never blame the dealer for the outcome of a game. Dealers don't have any control over what cards will be dealt or the order they come out of the deck.
5. Never talk about any hand nor give any advice when you're no longer in the hand. Let the other players who are still in concentrate on the game and on their opponent's.
These are the five biggest don'ts any player should never do when playing in a live poker game. Among the taboos of this game these make up the worst things you can ever do since they directly affect other players' game.